Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Days 13 and 14... walking/situps and Irish Step Dance class

Yesterday was rough... had class starting at 8am and then started day 1 as a grad assistant, and then had to study for a midterm. Luckily it was a nice day, so I walked to and from school (a little less than 3 miles round-trip) and then did an abs video when I got home.

Today was a LOT more productive - I had my last Irish Step Dancing class which was 1.5 hours tonight to make up one of the times it was canceled due to weather. The class was a blast as always. Here's a video of an example of one of the steps/dances we've learned. We actually did this one today! As you can see, it's a lot of jumping around and using muscles you probably don't use on a regular basis! I get lost about halfway through that step - it is soo fast-paced. It's still so much fun to learn though. I am really sad the sessions are over, and I have night class during the next set of sessions, so I can't make it to those. Our instructor gave us some other options of places to try classes at, so I'll try a few of those. Although I am still the worst, most uncoordinated dancer ever, I really loved going and learning new steps. I think it's opened me up to trying new dances as well... I think tap probably incorporates some of the same movements, but it's a little more difficult to find a "laid-back" tap class. I'll let you know what I come up with!

No hot water in my apt tonight - hoping to use that as an excuse for an early gym trip + SHOWER at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment