Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 12 - Thirty Day Shred workout video

Hmm... I'm getting pretty used to these workout videos. It's so nice just to roll out the exercise mat instead of suiting up to go to the gym. I also found my 3-lb hand-weights, and the people below my apartment moved out yesterday, so now I can do every move of the workout including jumping rope (well, fake rope) and doing jumping jacks. One of the moves in the video was a kickboxing move, and made me realize that I haven't looked into a kickboxing class in Boston yet. I did an awesome kickboxing class in NYC with Kick Ash Fitness. Ashley (the instructor) has since moved to California, and it looks like she's teaching classes near LA according to her blog. The class she taught was a really fun mix of kickboxing moves, dancing, and strength training, all to the tune of some really amazing upbeat music. I'm looking to find a fun class like that, and not the more serious kickboxing classes I may find at a martial arts center. Any ideas? Anyone tried Zumba? I'm thinking that may also be a fun alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment