Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 3 - Back to the gym

Well now that I've told a few people about this blog, I think it's going to make me actually keep my promise of 40 days of fitness. This afternoon I did the gym... 45 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes doing weights, and a mile round-trip walk to Whole Foods afterwards :) My iPod ran out of battery 10 minutes into the elliptical... which put a damper in my plan to do a hardcore workout. I definitely move much faster when I have good music to listen to. On that note, I thought I'd give a little list of my favorite workout songs:

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
When I Grow Up - Pussycat Dolls
Just Dance Club Remix - Lada Gaga
And She Said... - Lucas Prata
Sexy Chick - David Guetta
TiK ToK - Kesha
I Got a Soul But I'm Not a Soldier - The Killers
The Biggest Loser Workout Power Music Mix (don't laugh!)
Shape Cardio 2 and Shape Cardio 3 Workout Mixes
Country Roads Remix - Hermes House Band
It's My Life/Confessions Mash-Up - Glee Soundtrack
Don't Stop Believin' - Glee Soundtrack
After Hours at McGann's - Gaelic Storm

I have an iPod shuffle (thanks Etta!) that looks like this, and it is perfect for the gym and for running. I clip it on to my shirt and don't have to think about it! I had the newer model for all of 3 days before I decided I hated it and returned it. The controls were on the actual headphones which was a huge pain! If you're in the market for a shuffle, I highly suggest checking eBay for the 2nd generation instead of buying the new one at the Apple store.

Any workout song suggestions to add to my mix?

3 comments:

  1. my workout cd (no judging):
    kesha - tik tok
    kanye west - stronger
    t.i. - whatever you like
    t-pain - low
    amanda lepore - hair looks fierce
    alchemystics - shine eyed girl
    buckcherry - crazy bitch
    everclear - amphetamine
    crank that - soulja boy
    flo rida - right round
    kanye west - new workout plan
    darkness - i believe in a thing called love
    avril lavigne ft. lil mama - girlfriend
    matt nathanson - laid
    bon jovi - livin' on a prayer
    no doubt - bathwater
    timberland - the way i are
    eve 6 - jet pack
    coors - summer sunshine
    black eyed peas - hey mama
    pink - u & ur hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH thanks!! "Hair Looks Fierce" is hilarious. I just listened. I LOVE that Summer Sunshine song. It's going onto the iPod immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, this blog is great! Once you are done with the 40 days of fitness you can continue after Lent is over. You will be a gym addict. Good luck...love your sister

    ReplyDelete