Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 8 - Irish Step Dancing

Best workout of the week! I have wanted to try an Irish step class ever since I spent a semester in Galway, Ireland. My friends and I tried to take one in Galway, but it was very advanced and we were kicked out for wearing jeans and not taking it seriously. I found this class at the Boston Center for Adult Education, and it is SO great!!! This was the 6th session. It is a very relaxed class, the students are fun, the instructor is helpful and motivating, and it's a blast! We do a mixture of basic steps, jigs, partner, and group dances. I can't say I am any good at it (at all), but it's an awesome and fun workout. It's a Beginner class, and I'll probably retake the Beginner class again just to get more comfortable with the steps. The BCAE is a really great facility on Arlington St. near Boston Common. They have a huge variety of affordable classes. I have seen their cooking classes in action, and the kitchen is really nice and the food smells amazing. I really recommend trying a class if you're looking to do something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment