Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 4 - beautiful day for a long walk outside

Today I took advantage of the gorgeous weather... mid 40s, sunny, and breezy (well, windy.) Tons of people were out today enjoying the change in weather. Since I tend to fall on anything that remotely resembles ice, I was glad that almost all of the ice/snow on walkways had melted and I was able to walk outside without fear of falling! I walked 3 miles in my new amazing Fit Flop boots. They have a lower heel which is supposed to make your calf muscles work harder (or something like that.) I just got them because I was in the market for black Uggs, and these were on sale for half price and look like Uggs. I can't say I feel like my calves worked any harder. They are super comfy though, and I plan to get the flip flops in the summer.

I got home and still had some energy so I flipped through On Demand exercise channel, and found out there are a TON of free workout videos! I tried Jillian Michaels' Metabolism Boost which was a 25-minute mix of kick-boxing/cardio moves. I actually broke a sweat and didn't care that I looked like a complete spaz (I closed my blinds.) I'll definitely be trying more videos... it's awesome that they are free, and I can do several different "classes" without needing to leave the apartment!

1 comment:

  1. those shoes have a "microwobbleboard"! i want a microwobbleboard! they are like earth shoes (www.earthshoes.com) except more fitnessy, less granola-ey. speaking of granola, jillian michaels is a sham and you shouldn't trust a word she says. if she tells you to work your right side, work your left side.

    ps, good job continuing working out! :)

    ReplyDelete